On 11 December 2019 and 16 January 2020 The Beacon, together with imec – IDLab UAntwerpen, will host an information session for companies about the possibilities of participating in collaborative research projects through the imec.icon program.
In the imec.icon research program, multidisciplinary teams of imec researchers and companies will collaborate during a two-year period to develop innovative digital solutions (e.g. Internet-of-things, artificial intelligence) within different application domains such as industry 4.0, smart cities, smart mobility, energy, healthcare, media, etc.
During the information sessions on 11 December and 16 January you will find out more about participating in the imec.icon program and receive information about the application criteria, procedures and specific support as well as some results of previous imec.icon calls. There are 2 calls (March & October) per year and the current imec.icon call is open until 12 March 2020. More information.
- 13:30h Welcome
Ronald Hermans, Community Manager & Collaborative Innovation, The Beacon / Agoria
- 13:40h IMEC.ICON: What is imec.icon? How can I participate and what are the grant mechanisms?
Steven Van Assche, Program Director ICON, imec
- 14.30h Introduction IDLab
Ilse Bracke, Research Valorisation Director, imec – IDLab & Bart Lannoo, Senior Business Developer, imec - IDLab
- 14.50h Testimonial case 1: Louis-Robert Cool, CEO, Seafar (11/12) + Wouter Baetens, Managing Partner, Arinti (16/1)
- 15.05h Testimonial case 2: Robin Leblon, Head of Research & Development, Citymesh (11/12) + ‘to be determined’ (16/1)
- 15.20h Q & A
- 15.35h Wrap Up – next steps
- 15.45h – 16.00h End
- Participation is free.
- Registration in advance is required, via this link.
- The Beacon, Sint-Pietersvliet 7, 2000 Antwerp
- 8th floor, Boardroom